TRINITY METHODIST CHURCH -
All are welcome
The Methodist Church in Winterton can trace its routes back to August 8th 1761 when John Wesley preached at a small cottage on High Street. This is recorded with a plaque on the site. Wesley visited for a second and final time on July 20th 1774.
For many years the town boasted both Wesleyan Methodist and Primitive Methodist congregations.
The first Wesleyan chapel was built in 1777/8 in Chapel Lane and this was later replaced in 1837. In 1878 the congregation moved to the current site on King Street.
The first Primitive chapel, built in 1820, was replaced in 1838 and again in 1879 on a site in Queen Street. The latter building boasting a seating capacity of 550 at a cost of £1500.